|Author||American Academy of Pediatrics|
|Category||Family and Friendship|
The one guide pediatricians most recommend—now completely revised and updated! Over 4 million copies sold.
From the American Academy of Pediatrics, the nation’s most trusted name in child care, comes Your Baby’s First Year, the definitive all-in-one resource that provides authoritative advice on every aspect of infant care. Featuring new and expanded content, including the latest reports on cutting-edge research into early brain development, the fully illustrated fourth edition of Your Baby’s First Year includes
• Guidelines for prenatal care, with spotlights on maternal nutrition, exercise, and screening tests during pregnancy
• Growth and developmental milestones through the first twelve months of a child’s life, including physical, emotional, and cognitive development
• An updated chapter on developmental disabilities
• A complete health encyclopedia covering injuries, illnesses, and congenital diseases
• Breastfeeding discussion, including its benefits, techniques, and challenges, as well as nutritional needs and vitamin/iron supplementation
• Recommendations for choosing child care programs
• Updated safety standards: the very latest AAP recommendations, including immunizations, childproofing, and toy safety
• Safety checks for home, including bathing, preventing drowning, poisoning, choking, burns, and falls
• Car safety, including information on car safety seats
• And much more
Comprehensive, reassuring, and up-to-date, Your Baby’s First Year is an indispensable guide for parents everywhere.