Published in association with the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences, this is the only up-to-date, practical guide to using the range of biomechanics movement analysis machines, equipment and software available today. It includes detailed explanations of the key theory underlying biomechanics testing, along with advice concerning choice of equipment and how to use your laboratory equipment most effectively. The book covers the following important topics in detail:
- motion analysis using video and on-line systems
- measurement of force and pressure in the laboratory and field
- measurement of power using isokinetic dynamometry
- computational simulation and modelling of human movement
- research methodologies, data processing and data smoothing.
Contributors include world leading researchers and pioneers such as Roger Bartlett, Carl Payton, Vasilios (Bill) Baltzopoulos, Adrian Burden, John H. Challis, and computer modelling maestro Fred Yeadon. Biomechanical Evaluation of Movement in Sport and Exercise is a must-have text for all biomechanics laboratories and students undertaking research.