A conceptual guide to the martial arts, the book features Jeet Kune Do, Bruce Lee's brilliant martial art, which uses elements from many physical art forms: Western boxing, muay Thai Boxing, kali, shoot wrestling and Brazilian ju-jitsu. In addition to the philosophical and practical bases for the martial arts, Balicki covers:
* Equipment training: Thai pads, focus gloves, the dummy, kickshields
* Weapons and weapons training
* Fighting multiple opponents
* Psychological training
* Trapping: training, confrontation, grappling and groundfighting
* Training for the disabled
* Legal issues For the fighter, the teacher or the fascinated observer, these principles are greater than the sum of themselves, offering insight into a legendary discipline.