Get up to speed on CFEngine 3, the open source configuration management software that enables you to automate everything from one-server shops to enterprise computer networks. This hands-on introduction shows you how to use CFEngine 3 to implement and manage and your IT infrastructure in a sustainable, scalable, and efficient manner.
Through numerous examples, you’ll learn how to use CFEngine to perform tasks such as user management, software installation, and security. You’ll also learn how to focus on higher-level issues of design, implementation and maintenance, knowing that CFEngine is handling the lower-level details for you automatically.
- Discover how far you can go with system automation, using CFEngine
- Become familiar with the software’s principles, components, and policy structure
- Configure CFEngine step-by-step to perform routine tasks on your system
- Specify custom machine configuration without making changes by hand
- Get tricks and patterns that you can use in your own CFEngine policies
- Maintain separate CFEngine environments for development, testing, production, or other uses