|Author||Alan Harrison and Remko Van Hoek|
|File size||100.3 MB|
A concise, applied and strategic introduction to the subject of logistics and supply chain management, perfect for modern managers and students of logistics and supply chain management.
Logistics and supply chain management continue to transform the competitive landscape and have become one of today’s key business issues. This fifth edition of Logistics Management and Strategy continues to take a practical, integrated and international approach to logistics, and includes the very latest research to reflect the innovative and exciting developments in this subject area.
A clear framework guides the reader through the four parts of the book, covering;
- an introduction to logistics and its contribution to competitiveness and value creation,
- leveraging logistics operations within the context of the customer
- supplier partnerships, interfaces and the challenges of integration
- leading-edge thinking in logistics and the future challenges ahead
This new edition contains;
· 15+ new cases (including Heineken, Unilever and Johnson and Johnson)
- coverage of disaster logistics and Corporate Social Responsibility from the supply chain perspective
- discussion of global governance of the supply chain
- even more coverage on value and logistics costs and segmented supply chain strategy, equipping the reader with the latest thinking