|Author||Joel Block Ph.D.|
A psychologist specializing in couples therapy provides an honest and compassionate guide to dealing with a spouse's or partner's love affair, from the one-night stand to the grand amour.
• Illustrate and brings to life issues addressed across chapters through vignettes from the author's therapy sessions
• Describes types of and motivations for affairs
• Details the healing process and steps to either recover the relationship or "de-couple"
• Explains special considerations and actions for stability in cases in which the couple has children
• Clearly describes the psychological damage an affair may inflict and dares to explain the controversial possibility that some affairs may have positive effects