Node.js in Action is an example-driven tutorial that starts at square one and guides you through all the features, techniques, and concepts you'll need to build production-quality Node applications. You'll start by learning how to set up your Node development environment, including loading the community-created extensions. Next, you'll run several simple demonstration programs where you'll learn the basics of a few common types of Node applications. Then you'll dive into asynchronous programming, a model Node leverages to lessen application bottlenecks.
About this Book
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
- Set up Node and extensions
- Grok asynchronous programming and the event loop
- Examples including microblogging, IM, games, and more
About the Authors
As skilled practitioners, expert teachers and trainers, and contributors to the core framework, authors Mike Cantelon, Marc Harter, T.J. Holowaychuk, and Nathan Rajlich represent the best of the Node.js development community.
Table of Contents
- Welcome to Node.js
- Building a multiroom chat application
- Node programming fundamentals
- PART 1 NODE FUNDAMENTALS
PART 2 WEB APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT WITH NODE
- Building Node web applications
- Storing Node application data
- Connect's built-in middleware
- Advanced Express
- Testing Node applications
- Web application templating
PART 3 GOING FURTHER WITH NODE
- Deploying Node applications and maintaining uptime
- Beyond web servers
- The Node ecosystem