|Author||Soon Y. Warren|
|File size||47 Mb|
A book that REALLY explains watercolors! Explained the way they should be. This enables me to understand opaque, transparent etc. I was looking for a book that showed vibrant brilliant colors done in watercolor and this book meets all my expectations and more. The great detail is a blessing too.
You can paint watercolors that capture the beauty and personality of roses, peonies, zinnias and many more brilliant blooms--and achieve color more vivid than you ever dreamed possible with watercolor. In this expanded edition of Soon Y. Warren's best-selling book, she will help you:
- Capture the unique shapes, textures, details--and temperaments--of magnolias, hibiscus, sunflowers, bougainvillea, gladiolus, dahlias, water lilies and more.
- Use watercolor to duplicate and enhance the floral colors you see in nature, from subtle to saturated.
- Create dramatic compositions that excite your viewers.
- Complement your floral subjects with luscious surrounding textures (antique copper, smooth glass, rich fabric) and flattering backgrounds.
- Learn fun and easy techniques for underpainting, mingling and texturing with 23 step-by-step demonstrations.
Don't be a shrinking violet--express yourself with bold watercolor florals that have as much personality as you do!