|Author||Dwight H. Perkins and Gregory C. Chow|
|File size||2.5 MB|
China's rapid rise to become the world's second largest economy has resulted in an unprecedented impact on the global system and an urgent need to understand the more about the newest economic superpower.
The Routledge Handbook of the Chinese Economy is an advanced-level reference guide which surveys the current economic situation in China and its integration into the global economy. An internationally renowned line-up of scholars contribute chapters on the key components of the contemporary economy and their historical foundations.
Topics covered include:
- the history of the Chinese economy from ancient times onwards;
- economic growth and development;
- population, the labor market, income distribution, and poverty;
- legal, political, and financial institutions; and
- foreign trade and investments.
Offering a cutting-edge overview of the Chinese economy, the Handbook is an invaluable resource for academics, researchers, economists, graduate, and undergraduate students studying this ever-evolving field.