|Author||James Paris and Norman J. Stone|
|File format||EPUB, MOBI|
What You Will Find In This Book:
1. An introduction to SFG - What it is all about.
Growing vegetables in a square foot garden is all the rage just now - but what exactly is it all about? Here you will find out about the background to SFG and why it is so effective for growing fruit and vegetables of many kinds.
2. How to construct your own Square Foot Garden
Simple instructions for constructing a simple SFG frame - it does not get much easier than this!
3. How to make your own 'special mix' of compost for infilling.;
The 'secret sauce' behind the success of this intensive gardening technique, lays in the growing compound. Find out how to make top-notch organic compost to improve your soil and subsequent crop-yield.
5. Guidelines for planting out your SFG.
Simple and clear diagrams and pictures to get you started on your own SFG.
6. Introducing Companion Planting - Good and Bad companions for your veggies.
Companion Planting plays a crucial role in the success of a square foot or raised bed garden. Some great tips here to get your vegetables growing strong and proud.
7. Beneficial herbs and Organic pest control.
Herb gardening is extremely important in the control of destructive pests. Find out which herbs are more beneficial for your plants.
8. Instructions on plant support and growing methods.
Some instruction on how to go about supporting your plants so that you may get the best out of them and minimalize damage due to heavy crops.
9. A list of popular vegetables and herbs to grow in your SFG, including planting, plant care and harvesting/storing your vegetables.
A comprehensive list of good vegetables and herbs that will complement each other throughout the growing process, as well as how to harvest and store your crops for later use.